Iloilo City is such a nice place, with nice people and great food! Spent my college days here, at West Visayas State University right in the heart of the city. Ilonggos are very nice, friendly and lovable. I'm not really new here, my dad is an Ilonggo and we live just about two hours away from the main City.
This is where I discovered a lot about myself, conquered teenage rebellion, learned about dealing with other people and a lot more...This is the second City that I fell in love with, and this is where I learned what love is. A long time ago I thought it was love, but the second time that I ventured there I just discovered more of what love really is.
It started out as a nuisance, like when you meet someone and you don't like him to be around. Him being there in the same room with you, always in the periphery of your vision. Until he is gone...you realized you missed him standing by the door, starring at you once in a while and his smile stays on your mind for days!
Its good that communication is fully equipped with technology that I was able to find him again! This time saying hi, exchanging funny senseless conversation and just enjoying being friends. Between words and smiles, there are things that were never said. Each laugh, and each second of our time passing like days and months that after sometime we felt like we knew each other forever even if it has been just two months.
This is not the first time to feel all these different emotions, feel this high and alive but this is truly the first time I ever felt real. I thought being in love is a dream, a fairytale, something that we need to work hard for...but love is really a gift. Love is free, love is given, love is real and its not a fairytale. There a so many words that can be spoken of love but only few knows what is real. I cannot say that my love story will have a happy ending, its not true that all love story ends happily. But the joy of knowing that you have loved, and that person knew he is safe with you, the trust and friendship that is shared is more than any of that happy ending.
Love never ends you know, so much for a happy ending! Love just continues in thoughtfulness, hope, friendship, genuine care, being there, making someone smile, praying for each other...and that ladies and gents is love-the greatest thing in heaven and on earth :)
I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment